Biology Fun Facts
1.WHAT IS SUPER GLUE ?
The incredibly stable adhesive known as Super Glue was invented by accident in 1942 by Dr. Harry Coover. He was working for Kodak Research Laboratories to develop an optically clear plastic for gun sights in 1942.Coover rejected a compound called Cyanoacrylate because it was too sticky. He later realized it's incredible bonding strength. In it's purest form, the stuff can withstand a ton of pressure on a one square
inch bond. It sets in seconds and can be used to stick anything permanently. Super glue has been proven to have formed the strongest bonds on almost any non porous material including metal,plastic,r ubber, wooden articles, industrial and medical applications.
2.BIOLOGY FUN FACT -
1-The Bristlecone Pine is the oldest known tree species in the world. It is found only in the scattered, arid mountain regions of six western states of America in harsh windswept environment. The oldest Bristlecone Pines grow at elevations of 3,000 to 3,300 metres and the oldest known tree is 'Methuselah' which is 4,789 years old.
2) The world's largest cabbage was grown by William Collingwood of Durham, country England. His prized cabbage in 1865 weighed 55 kilograms.
3) Thousands of years ago people chewed gum in its natural form. The most common ancient chewing gum was tree resin lumps but people chewed various sweet grasses, leaves, grains & waxes also. The first commercial chewing gum was made & sold in 1848 by John Bacon Curtis. He made a sticky rubbery material from the spruce tree which could be chewed. In 1860's Thomas Adams began selling Chicle, a gum from the sapodilla tree of Mexico's Yucatan Desert.
Fun facts of Chemistry
1) Lemons have more sugar than strawberries.
2) Gallium has melting point of 29.76 degree centigrade and can melt on the palm of your hand.
3) Graphene is the best conductor of both heat and electricity.
4) The softest know substance known to human being is talc.
5) J is the only letter which doesn't appear in the periodic table.
Maths Fun Facts
The minimum number of cuts that are required to cut the figure into eight pieces are three i.e. horizontally, vertically, and cutting by the base.
The opposite sides of a dice always add up to 7. For example, 6 and 1 will always be on opposite sides which add up to 7.
A baseball field is of the perfect shape of a rhombus.
Fun Facts about Mathematics and Science
1)The nucleus of a cell in your body is less than 10 micrometers across, yet it contains two meters (about 6 feet) of packaged DNA.
2)From 0 to 1000, the only number that has the letter “a” in it is “one thousand”.
3)A ‘jiffy’ is an actual unit of time. It means 1/100th of a second.
4)The number 9 is believed to be a magical number. This is because if you multiply a number with 9, and the sum of all the digits of resulting number will be equal to 9.